Monday, December 6, 2010

Another Batch of Christmas Ornaments..

Each year, my sister buys a special Christmas ornament for her son.  She always looks for one that reflects something in his life for the year.  She wasn't having any luck finding just the right one this year, so I said I would try and make one for him.  Zakk is 17, and is very much into music.  He plays the piano (keyboard), guitar, and also writes and sings his own songs.  I found all the designs as usual at the Embroidery Library.  You can't really see very well in the picture, but the bottom section dangles from the top section, and when hung on the tree, the bottom section can twist in the opposite direction to add dimension.  Although it's not a traditional looking ornament, it does capture his interests very well, and I sure hope he likes it!  I did add the red bows to make it more Christmasy.  :)

Front Side of Ornament
     
Back Side of Ornament

One of my friends has a new grand-daughter this year, and she asked if I could make her a 1st Christmas ornament.  So this one is for baby Alison.  :)


2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Doni -- that musical ornament is VERY cool! I would have never thought to turn those into ornaments -- great idea!

Unique2wh0 said...

Awesome! Very special keepsakes for sure.