Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Snowman Ring Ornamant

Snowman Ring Ornament is the 4th in my "Ringing In Christmas" Ring Ornament Series.

Each ornament is made by crocheting around a 2" plastic ring.







Materials Needed:
Caron Simply Soft Worsted Weight Yarn:
- White
- Limelight
- Red
Size G (4.25mm) Crochet Hook
2" Plastic Ring
Yarn Needle

Abbreviations/Stitches Used:
ch = chain
sl st = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
sp = space
st = stitch
beg = beginning

Snowman Ring Ornament:
Round 1) With white, join with a sl st around a 2” plastic ring, ch 1, 36 sc around ring, join with a sl st to beg sc. Do not turn. (36 sc)

Round 2) Ch 1, sc in same st and sc in each remaining st around, join with a sl st to beg sc. Do Not turn. (36 sc) End off white, weave in ends.

Ear Muffs) With Limelight, join with a sl st in any st, ch 2, (hdc, dc) in same st, (dc, hdc, ch 2, sl st) in next st (first earmuff made), ch 18 (earmuff headband made), and sk the next 16 white sts on the ring, and in the next white st (17th st) work: (sl st, ch 2, hdc, dc), then (dc, hdc, ch 2, sl st) in next st (second earmuff made). End off, weave in ends. (NOTE:  The chain sts that make the headband between the earmuffs lays along the top edge of the ring, it is not stitched into the stitches on the ring)

To Finish) Cut small piece of red yarn, and weave thru stitches at the bottom and tie into a bow.

Other ornaments in this series:
Week 1) Lacy Snowflake Ring Ornament
Week 2) Peppermint Candy Ring Ornament
Week 3) Christmas Wreath Ring Ornament

7 comments:

Annette said...

hihihihihihihi.... that piece is to funny... love it!!

linda said...

so very cute. thanks you

Unique2wh0 said...

Now, I must admit I figured you were going to make a snowman. While I was making the other 3 I tried to guess how he would look...nevahhhh did I think he would be this darn cute. I love him. LOLOLOL

HillyT said...

I've just found your blog and am really enjoying it. Thank you for all the lovely free patterns!

Jocelyn Sass said...

OMG! I love everything you do!

KrazeePammy said...

I love all your 'ringy' ornaments! I have to admit, tho, when I saw this one, I saw a face in the ring... I may have to try this and make my grandsons into snowmen! LOL! (or maybe Rudolph!)
Thank you for the lovely patterns!

Christy said...

I thought the same as KrazeePammy! :-) I love your blog. Thanks for sharing all your patterns!!