Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Eat - Play - Sleep - Repeat" Baby Blanket




My new design is finally finished!   A while back I had seen a cute baby quilt with the words
"eat, play, sleep, repeat" on it, and also some adorable fabric with those words and I wanted to find a way to translate this into a crochet baby blanket.  The blanket is worked in one piece in single crochet with bobbles used to create the raised lettering.  Each word's section has a chart to follow which indicates where to work the sc and bobble stitches.  Bobble stitches are very easy to do, and the pattern includs a photo tutorial on how to make this stitch.

I made this using Red Heart acrylic yarn so that is is easily washable.  The colors used:
White - 7 oz.
Orchid - 5 oz.
Delft Blue - 5 oz.
Spring Green - 5 oz.
Pumpkin - 5 oz.






   

9 comments:

Barbara said...

omg, this must be the cutest baby blankie I've seen in a long time! What a great idea, and very well designed!!

Sandy said...

Doni, this is so adorable!!

Ali said...

So cute.I really like the bright colours.
Ali x

Annette said...

How cute is that!!!
Beautifull

Thimbleanna said...

Very, very cute Doni! I think I know the baby blanket that was your inspiration -- I've always loved it. I love that you've translated the idea to crochet!

Holly said...

LOVE THIS!!!

Ayten said...

Hi,so cute.Thanks :))

Mary said...

Wow, great job!

rubydorcas said...

I L-O-V-E this!!! I'm changing it to "Eat - Poop - Sleep - Repeat" and using tonal shades of turquoise for my new niece/nephew due in October. Thanks so much!