Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A New Member of the Family and Some Christmas Ornaments

First of all, let me introduce Olivia, the newest member of our family! Olivia is about 6 months old, and was a stray kitten in our neighborhood. She actually adopted us, instead of the other way around. She decided she wanted to live here, and since the first time she walked in the front door, she has made herself completely at home and she acts like she owns the place. That hasn't exactly endeared her to Gus and Grace, however, and it's been a big adjustment for them. Things are finally starting to smooth out and although I wouldn't exactly call them BFF's yet, the growls and hisses are minimal now, and just yesterday I saw them all sleeping on our bed. So hopefully one day soon, they will all be best buds. :)


                                  
 
Besides being a kitty referee, I have also been busy making a few Christmas ornaments.  My nephew Eli was born in March, and since this is his first Christmas, I wanted to make him a special ornament.  I found the idea for this onsie ornament on Pinterest, but put my own spin on it.

Eli's First Christmas Ornament
I also tried my hand at modpodge for the first time and made some ornaments for our niece's new baby, Alex, and also for my godchildren, Sarah and RJ.  I used this tutorial that I found on Brown Paper Packages, and put their names on the front and the year on the back.  I loved doing modpodge and can't wait to do another project!  :)




My ring ornament series came to an end last week, but Barbara from Made in K-town designed a really adorable ring ornament called Bobble Wheel Ornament, and I just had to give it a try.  It was easy and fun to make, and I love how it turned out.

This next ornament isn't one I made, but one that was made for me!  I got a wonderful suprise in the mail yesterday from my Dutch blogging friend Annette.  She hand-stitched this adorable little heart ornament.
Thank you Annette, I love it!  :)


I have lots of Christmas projects to share (some I'm still working on!), and I'll show those after Christmas.

7 comments:

Annette said...

Congratz on your new cat.. she is beautifull... hope they like eachother soon..

Ow too cute what you made for Eli.. love it.. need to remember it!!

For the other kids, it's also looking great... they will be very glas with it..

That's also a very beautifull crochet piece.. are we also going to see a pic of your tree with al your ornies in it?? love to see it!!

I'm glad you like it.. made with love..

Hugs

Barbara said...

Hi Doni! What a lovely ornament for Eli, and I love the little heart ornament, it's so cute! Thanks for linking back to my site, I'm glad you liked the pattern! :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Welcome Olivia. I've been "adopted" by a few street cats. In fact, I have one living in my stairwell right now. This one won't let me near her, but I provide shelter, a litter box, food and water and she has a safe place to stay. Olivia is very pretty. I hope all the kitties will learn to get along. All of your ornaments are so sweet. I enjoyed making some of your ring ornaments. Didn't get a chance to do the wreath yet so will give that a go later this evening. Wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays. Tammy

miek said...

i looooooooveeeee the ornie for Eli!
so cute! yes, i have to remember it allso Annette!
Olivia is adorreble, i`ll bet she will be in no time the queen of the bed, and melt Gus`s hart.
i have looked at the site of Barbara but i don`t understand why you have to use mod podge?
is it glue?
greetings

Unique2wh0 said...

Awwhhh how nice a new addition and I love her name it fits so well with Grace and Gus. I love your ornaments, all of them! I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

First off: Gracie is adorable!! :)

Secondly: Thank you so much for Alex's ornament! We love it!!

Frances said...

Your Christmas items are adorable. I have just seen your blog and love the work that you do. Thanks for sharring. The cat is cute too!!