Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby Quilt Finished!!

I'm still a novice quilter, so this quilt isn't perfect, but I sure enjoyed making it, and it has lots of love stitched in. I hope that Elijah will enjoy many happy hours snuggled up in it.

Gus kept wanting to "help" me while I was working on it, so it's a wonder I was able to get it finished in time.  I finally had to warm up a batch of towels in the dryer and put them on the bed to lure him away.  He LOVES taking naps on warm towels (yes, he is a tad spoiled, lol), and that usually buys me a few uninterrupted hours.

My sister is having a scheduled c-section, so Elijah will be here on Friday, and I sure can't wait to meet him!  :)

Quilt pattern is the baby quilt found in "Quilting 101 - A beginners guide to quilting"


7 comments:

Annette said...

What a beautifull quilt.
They will love it!!

Unknown said...

I think it's a lovely quilt :)

Thimbleanna said...

It's adorable! I love the pattern and you did a great job!

miek said...

woaw, thats beautiful doni,
i hope you dont use the words novic enymore cos its realy don wonderfull.
and lovely colors too.

Unique2wh0 said...

Oh pretty for sure and love the way you did the colors. Now come on over and teach me how to do that! :-)

Julie said...

I think it's absolutely beautiful! Elijah will sleep so peacefully under it.

I love your method for keeping Gus out of your way--very sneaky of you!

Anonymous said...

It's adorable and very baby!! It's hard making a baby boy quilt but did it!!