Monday, August 2, 2010

My Cat Is A Yarn Snob...

As I've mentioned before, I have a couple of cats who love to steal yarn. Gus doesn't have a preference, he just likes to swipe any kind of yarn, any time he can get his paws on it.  But Grace has developed an affinity for the Knit Picks Swish Worsted Merino Wool.  I've been working with Swish lately and whenever I have it out, she somehow senses it and immediately comes over and starts trying to sneak in and grab it.  She's very persistant.  I've tried to distract her with a ball of acrylic, but she won't bite (literally).  She will meow at me trying to make her case. When that doesn't work, she simply sits patiently, staring at me, just waiting for her next opportunity to swoop in.  

'I WANT to play with the NICE yarn!"
(actually I snapped a picture of her when she took a big yawn, but I know that's what she was thinking)
"That yarn is mine, it's just a matter of time"

***LATE BREAKING UPDATE***
Well, I hate to admit it, but Grace won that round.  Later on, as I was stitching away, I noticed she wasn't around.  Thinking it was safe ,  I got up to do something, and left my yarn unattended.  I was gone maybe 2 minutes.  Came back, and she had already swiped the yarn and was having a hey day with it.  Here's the sad results:
Poor Yarn!
 

No comments: