Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Read! Kindle Fire Cozy - New Pattern in Shop

I was lucky enough to receive a Kindle Fire for Christmas.  It was from my nephew, Baby Eli, although since he does not yet have a job (still being a baby and all), I think he cashed in on his cuteness and got Grandpa to pay for it.  :)  But I love the Kindle Fire and I'm grateful to both of them for this wonderful gift.  I have been an avid reader my whole life, and to have so many books on one little device is beyond thrilling!  But I needed a case to keep it in, so I fired up (pun intended) the old crochet hook and came up with this one. 



The cozy is worked in two pieces, The front and back pieces are worked flat in single crochet, with the designs stitched into piece by following a color chart and changing colors. Front of cozy says “Read”, and back of cozy has squares as the design.


The front and back pieces are first lined with felt (optional step) then pieces are stitched together to form cozy.  A hair elastic band is stitched into the border and used as the clasp to pull over the button to fasten the cozy closed.  Finished size is about 6 1/2" wide x 8 1/4" high.

Cozy uses about 80 yards of the main color, and 50 yards of the contrasting color, and a size G (4.25mm) crochet hook. Pattern also includes several helpful photos.

Pattern is available in my shop or you can download instantly by clicking on the "buy now" button below the picture.  Price is $2.95.  :)

Looks like Baby Eli is going to be a reader, and maybe someday I can buy him a kindle too.  :)

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Doni! I love visiting your blog (although I have to admit that I could really leave a comment more often *gg*) - just wanted to let you know that I've passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to you! :)

Beverooni said...

I really like you new cover. Really nice. I have a nook and absolutely love it.

Richard Rose said...

Very nice. I've been thinking of making something like this for my Pico.

Thimbleanna said...

That is SOOO CUTE! I love letters, so I LOVE that cover - you're brilliant!

Annette said...

So I learned a new thing.. never had heard of a kindle so googled it..hihi
Great pattern you made.. really lovely

miek 2 said...

i never heard of it too! so i`ve learned something new.
now my guess is that baby Eli already is looking through a catalog to find himself a reader too ;-)
greetings

Deanna said...

The hair tie crocheted in is GENIOUS!!!! I love your Cozy!!!

Deanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deanna said...

...and it's really early, so I left a comment mess on your blog, not to mention spelling 'genius' wrong....