Friday, February 24, 2012

Huggable Easter Marshmallow Bunnies - New Pattern In Shop

I'm getting ready for Easter early this year (for a change), and was thinking of little Eli when I designed these marshmallow bunnies.   I wanted them to be big enough that he could easily hold and hug them.  He was at my house the other day, and I had them lined up on the couch and just waited for him to notice them.  It didn't take him long and he made a bee line for them as soon as he spotted them.  I handed him one, and he held it out to take a look at at and then just started giggling.  I guess that means he likes it.  :)  Either that or he was making fun of my handiwork.  :) 

The bunnies are worked in 2 pieces, a front and back, which are then stitched together and stuffed to form the bunny.  Each bunny takes about 150 yards of Red Heart worsted weight acrylic yarn, some fiberfill stuffing, and 3 buttons for the eyes and nose.  Small circles could also be cut from felt and used in place of the buttons to make them safer for little ones.

Finished size is 6" wide x 14" tall.  The pattern is $2.75 and is available to download by clicking the "download now" button below the picture, and is also available in  my etsy shop



Bunnies have been Eli tested and approved!

5 comments:

emarci said...

Oh my goodness! I just love this pattern-it is so cute! Thank you <3

Holly Louise said...

SO CUTE! Just downloaded the patten and can't wait to try it out this weekend :o)

Thimbleanna said...

That"s a hit Doni! Those are just adorable!

Creative Creations by Vicki said...

Hello, I am passing on to you the Versatile Blogger Award if you wish to accept it. You can see the complete details for this award here:http://gratefullyinhisgrace.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-first-award.html
Have a great day!

Annette said...

Ow no.. what A cute pattern... your nephew most be so glad with it..It's so adorable ;)))