Monday, August 16, 2010

My First Potholder Swap

Awhile back I was invited to join in a fall potholder swap.  I've never participated in a swap before, and thought it would be fun to give it a try.  I'm supposed to make 5 potholders of the same pattern.  I wanted to do something different than a pattern that was already out there,  but I needed to keep it fairly simple, since I have to make 5.  So I've been playing around with some ideas for a few days and came up with this one. The potholder itself is made with worsted weight cotton yarn, and the little daisy flower is made with size 10 cotton crochet thread. I don't think this is one that I will actually write up into a pattern, but I really liked how the flower came out, and may do something in a pattern using that.  So stay tuned!  :)
Ok, now I just have to make 4 more!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

VERY cute Doni! I love the little flower -- a happy surprise!