Thursday, July 29, 2010

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery..

At least I hope it is, because I totally copied someone else's idea.  :)  I was on Thimbleanna's Blog and saw these Slippers she made. She used this pattern, but made some changes that added her own personal touch.  They were so beautiful that I decided I had to have a pair myself.  I like to sew, but my skills aren't anywhere near her's, and I've never tried to make such a change to a pattern. But I REALLY wanted a pair of those slippers!  I turned to my secret weapon, my mom!  She's an excellent and experienced seamstress, so I thought with her help I might be able to pull this off.  Once she saw them, she was hooked too.  So we got the pattern and supplies and with a little helpful advice from the very nice Thimbleanna herself, we were in business.  Now if it would just get cold enough to wear them.  :)

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Your slippers are SO cute! I LOVE them, and the fabric you chose is adorable. I STILL need to make myself another pair -- the first pair were just a bit too small so I gave them to my niece. Great Job!!!